The American portal CareerCast conducted its annual job research to find out which ones will be the most stressful in 2017. After analyzing more than 200 posts, the staff of the publication has compiled a list of those that most exhaust nerves. We offer you the ten most stressful jobs in the United States.
10. Anchorman. On a 100-point stress scale, this position received 48 points. According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the average annual salary of the TV host is almost 38 thousand dollars.
This is a little more than 3 thousand dollars a month, which is not too much, considering the level of overvoltage on such work.
9. Taxi driver. Evaluation of the stress of the profession – 48.18 points. The average annual salary of a taxi driver in the United States is 23.5 thousand dollars.
For this money, you can not only rattle your nerves, but also risk your life. As you know, taxi drivers are often attacked by intruders.
8. Communication with the public. Evaluation of stress – 48.5 points, which is not much different from the points of the two previous professions.
But there is one “but” – working in this area you already understand why you put yourself under stress – the average annual salary of such an employee is a little more than 104 (!) Thousand dollars.
7. Manager of the corporation. Evaluation of the stress of this post is almost the same as the previous one – 48.56.
But if we talk about the average annual salary, the corporate manager earns a little less than the public relations officer, namely, 102.6 thousand dollars.
6. Reporter in the newspaper. The stress score is almost 50 points.
At the same time, the average annual salary of the reporter does not exceed $ 36,500 per year. Compared with the earnings of a corporation manager, this is significantly lower.
5. Event Specialist. Yes, organizing an event is a very demanding job.
Probably, therefore, the assessment of the stress of such a position is 51.15 points. The average salary of such an employee is almost 47 thousand dollars a year.
4. Police officer. Probably, it is not necessary to explain that to be a policeman is not an easy task, and even dangerous.
Evaluation of stress – 51.68 points. The average annual salary of a police officer in the United States is a little more than 60 thousand dollars.
3. Airline pilot. Only a stress-resistant person can perform such work, because the pilot is responsible for the life and safety of people on board the aircraft.
That is why the assessment of the stress of this position is 60.54 points. The average annual salary of an airline pilot is $ 102,500, just like that of a corporate executive.
2. Firefighter. Mention that the profession of a fireman is very dangerous will be superfluous. Evaluation of the stress of the fire brigade employee – 72.68.
At the same time, the average annual salary of a firefighter is a little less than 46 thousand dollars.
1. Military – The most stressful position in the United States. Evaluation of stress – 72.74 points.
If we consider that the military’s salary is less than 28 thousand dollars a year, then it becomes clear how much the payment does not meet the requirements.